Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lots of BIG news!!

Hello old friends,
I know it has been a long while since I last had a new post. I wanted to catch you up on the many changes that have taken place in my life since I have been ignoring you.

I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition. This was the culmination of so much hard work and so many hard choices.
 

 It was once of the happiest moments of my entire life. I had the honor of graduating SUMMA CUM LAUDE (4.0 GPA.)

 
Winston and I moved to Benton. He loves not being in a tiny apartment.
I was accepted into graduate school and began in January. I am attending UAMS and pursuing a Masters degree in Clinical Nutrition. I am having a great time! It is so different than undergrad!!!



Ryan and I eloped on a mountain top!!!
It was the most beautiful and meaningful moment for us and WE LOVED IT!!!!!
So that means that I am a married lady now!! I love being Ryan's wife. I've never loved him more. :)


And we went on a lovely honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean.
We ate SO much good island food and cruise ship food. It was a marvelous honeymoon!!

Once we got home we had a reception, 3 family birthdays (within 2 weeks), Passover Seder and Easter.

All the while, I was preparing my DICAS application online. ((DICAS is a website that nutrition students use to apply for the almighty, un-attainable dietetic internship.)) This was pretty stressful and overwhelming with everything else going on, but as every dietetic student knows, everything leads ups to this application. If you want to be an RD, this is your only shot!!!

Sunday, April 7th, 6:00 PM - MATCH DAY
I wish I could explain how much stress and preparation went into this day. But there is just no way to put that much neuroticism on a blog post. What is important is that at 7:30 when I finally got the courage to check, this is what I saw:
 
I am 1 of 14, out of hundreds of applicants, to be matched to UAMS.
I am going to be a dietetic intern.
I am going to be an RD.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment