Saturday, June 18, 2011

coming out & starting a nudist camp

I had some seriously great tacos last night for father's day. Get a load of this!

These were so good that even my dad liked them!!! He is a major meat&potatoes kinda cat, so they must be good!

I found the recipe on http://www.onesweetvegan.com/. You can check out the official version there. But basically we just through together:
*1 can rinsed black beans
*1 can of rinsed corn (you can eliminate sooo much of the excess sodium by rinsing 4 times.)
*2 tomatoes
*1/3 cup chopped cilantro
*2 zucchini squash
*very finely chopped onions
*1.5 avocados cubed

*Juice of 2 limes
*one chopped orange bell pepper

We topped it with some guacamole and some homemade pico de gayo and it was great! This is another recipe where you can modify pretty much however you like and it still be great!
______________________________________________________________
Also, yesterday I kindof threw myself a small coming out party and cooked tofu for the first time.
I know you are probably cringing or laughing. I would have too only a short month ago. It was a tofu scramble (as in scrambled eggs) and believe it or not, it tasted fine. The texture was a bit odd for me because it was like really soft scrambled eggs and I like(d) for my eggs to be firm. I won't include the recipe this time, because I seriously doubt anyone is interested in it. lol But as far as "coming out"...

I am officially now a plant eater.

I know we all saw this coming this last month. So what does that mean? Well, I guess that I eat similar to a vegan without having the vegan belief system. I don't eat meat or dairy...so basically, I don't eat animal products. I am not sure where my boundaries lie within grey areas such as veggies that have been cooked with a smidgen of animal product when there is nothing else to eat. But I will figure those details out later. How long is this going to last? I can't promise forever...but for a while.
I am doing this because I feel that is is a matter of design. I believe that pre-fall we were created to walk around naked in a paradise garden eating yummy plants all day. I understand that we now live post-fall world, but after extensive research I know that it would be soooo much healthier for my system to eat in a way that it doesn't have to just "make do." I believe that my health will be able to thrive on a plant based diet. Also, I am now starting a nudest camp in a beautiful garden to continue the idea of getting back to the way we were created. Applications will be posted shortly. ;)
So... now you know. I don't believe that everyone should do it my way and I am not going to be a vegangelical. It is a very personal decision that should be made with much thought and research investment. So lets just make a deal that I will respect your food choices if you respect mine.

 Even though we probably think differently on some subjects, Please still check my blog out for fun ideas on healthy eating. Maybe you can find a yummy side to your meat that will help you get some fruits and veggies in. There will still be some great information here, plus pictures of winston. :)
***

 I wanted to let you know that I will be off the air for at least a week. I am going to summer camp!!! (camp counselor)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah!
    Huge decision! You go girl! :) Your posts inspire to me to get back to all natural foods. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd totally go plant eater if my husband wasn't anti try new things :) (and there are tons of veggies he doesn't like or can't eat...) however, we are drinking green smoothies in the mornings and were loving it!!

    xo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks tasty!

    i really like your blog, would you like to follow each other?


    >FASHIONWHIT<

    ReplyDelete