Monday, June 13, 2011

Eating Out

So as I have been busy researching the benefits a of plant based diet, by sweet lil man, Ryan, has been busy at his new job. Isn't business Ryan cute?
So I finally cornered into going on a date with me. Something that he had been unsure about since my new "alternative lifestyle." lol He had no clue where he could take me. So I decided to take him out and show him it was not so scary.  I looked online in advance and checked out some Conway restaurant menus. We ended up going to Market Place. They had a few options of things that could be modified to be completely plant based meals. I ended up getting a portobello burger with sweet potato fries. I had to get some honey mustard to replace the mayo that came with it and I had to get our butter on the side instead of on the bread. But with those little fixes, dinner went off without a problem.

Yesterday we took a little road trip to go to Blanchard springs cave. He was just going to skip lunch since, once again, he had no idea where to go to feed me. I insisted that even if I just ate some old french fries, I WAS GOING TO EAT! {Bad idea to withhold food from this woman!} We stopped at a little burger shack in Marshall Arkansas called Daisy Queen. It was one of like the 3 restaurants in this TINY town. AND lo and behold, after much drama...They had a veggie burger! I chalk this up to manna from heaven. There is NO other explanation for a veggie burger in the middle of no-where!

Lesson learned: Be open minded when eating out. If you ask nicely, you can get meals modified to meet a healthier diet. And don't be afraid to ask if they have something that is not on the menu. The worst that they can say is "no." My veggie burger was not on the menu but it was in the freezer. ;)

Here is my lunch today. It was perfect after a particular trying time at the grocery store.
Onions, portobello mushrooms, a tiny bit of fresh garlic and a few red bell peppers.
brown "boil-in-a-bag rice" that I microwaved then sauteed in some olive oil.
I topped it off with some of my favorite things marinated carrots, some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce.
I really should go find something useful to do now! Like work on my financial aid for school. *gag*



2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Ryan! Great job on sticking to the plant based foods eating out. That's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx Ramona. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete