Monday, June 27, 2011

Free at Last!! Back from camp.

So I am back from summer camp. One week as a camp counselor for 11 girls was mad!!! Here are a few of my crazy-babies:
in the cabin
exercising by the lake
this is the girls practicing their dance.

It was so hard. It was the longest week I have had in a while. But I was really proud that I stuck it out and kept a good attitude to support the girls. The day I left camp I had lunch then slept for 5.5 hours, woke up to eat dinner, and then slept for 12 more hours!!

The eating at camp was rough for me. It was a health and fitness camp, so the food was "healthy" according to most standards, but it was still not as healthy as I feel like I should eat. They didn't have a  very big variety of fruits and veggies, and most of the veggies were canned. I didn't want to be a brat or a diva and since they didn't have enough variety to meet my nutritional needs... I just ate what they ate, only less meat and dairy. However, I felt the difference in my body very quickly. But it was nice to not have people look at me crazy for eating differently. Most of them didn't even know I was a plant-eater. ((Some of the folks closer to me are still struggling with what to do with me and my "alternative lifestyle."))
__________________________________________________

So today I rewarded myself for surviving camp by going to my happy place. Grocery Shopping!!!!
For the first time I brought my own bag to the grocery store.

I got some FRESH, crunchy, delicious veggies and treats like fig Newman's. I hit those fig newman's the minute I got home. lol I also found some hazelnut butter. I had seen these little packets on other blogs and am so excited to try it...maybe with some bananas?




So dinner was some simply amazing veggie soft tacos. I am not ashamed to admit, I had 3. haha.
The avocados in it were like butter!! yummmmmmmm!

look at those colors

So happy to be back with my veggies, and my Ry, and my favorite blog people (YOU!)

1 comment: